Category Archives: NYC
Anything of and/or related to my summer in Manhattan, NY.
Thursday I went to my uncle’s art show on 23rd st. He along with other artists were premiering some of their work to sell. It was so amazing to see all of their talent. I took some pictures of my favorites. Check them out below!
Disappointed because you can’t afford to go see a show on Broadway?
Don’t fret! If you live in the North Carolina Triangle area, you can go see one of these upcoming shows without the cost of plane tickets, hotel rooms, and absurd ticket fees.
Granted, it is well worth it to spend the money to see an actual show in NYC on (and even off) Broadway, but at least this way you’ll get your arts fix!
So without further adieu…
10 Broadway Musicals Coming to a Stage Near You
- Sister Act, (DPAC), May 14-19, 2013
- Dreamgirls, Greensboro Coliseum Complex, May 29, 2013
- Beauty and the Beast, DPAC, Oct 8-13, 2013
- CATS, North Carolina Theatre, Oct 8-13, 2013
- Once, DPAC, Jan 21-26, 2014
- The Book of Mormon, DPAC, Feb 11-23, 2014
- Les Miserables, North Carolina Theatre, Feb 11-23, 2014
- EVITA, DPAC, Mar 11-16, 2014
- The Wizard of Oz, DPAC, Apr 8-13, 2014
- Mamma Mia!, DPAC, May 30- Jun 1, 2014
“2014 Season Overview – NC Theatre.” 2014 Season Overview – NC Theatre. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 May 2013.
“Events & Tickets.” Official Website Durham Performing Arts Center. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 May 2013.
“New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of
There’s nothing you can’t do
Now you’re in New York
These streets will make you feel brand new
Big Lights will Inspire You
Let’s Hear it for New York, New York,
One of my favorite cities on the planet. I may even move back here after college. There is NOTHING about this city that you can’t love: The Broadway Musicals, the shopping, Time Square, Central Park, the music scene, the nightlife, the constant throngs of people, a Starbucks on every corner, and so much more.
For those of you who have never been, book a flight immediately. It’s called the “City that Never Sleeps” for a reason!
I posted this on another blog the night before I left for New York City for Spring Break! Since it’s both musical and artsy, I’m bringing it back to this blog! So here you have it, fifty of the best songs about New York City.
The Top 50 Songs about New York City:
- Empire State of Mind – Alecia Keys and Jay Z.
- New York State of Mind -Billy Joel
- I Love New York – Madonna
- New York, New York -On the Town
- New York – Ja Rule, Fat Joe, Jadakiss
- Theme from New York, New York -Frank Sinatra
- Give my Regards to Broadway -James Cagney
- New York Groove -Ace Frehley
- On Broadway -George Benson
- New York Lights -Fort Atlantic
- Fairytale of New York – The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl
- Moving to New York -The Wombats
- New York Minute – Don Henley
- Bells of New York City- Josh Groban
- The Secret to New York – We the Kings
- Big Apple Dreamin’ (Hippo)- Alice Cooper
- New York City Cops- The Strokes
- Manhattan- Kings of Leon
- Manhattan- Ella Fitzgerald
- Living for the City – Stevie Wonder
- Rhapsody in Blue- Leonard Bernstein with the Columbia Symphony Orchestra
- No Sleep Till Brooklyn- Beastie Boys
- Brooklyn- Buckcherry
- Brooklyn Bound- The Black Keys
- Brooklyn Go Hard- Jay Z feat. Santigold
- Autumn in New York- Billie Holiday
- New York City Serenade- Bruce Springsteen
- Across 110th Street -Bobby Womack
- Harlem Shuffle- Bob & Earl
- I And Love And You- The Avett Brothers
- Coney Island- Death Cab for Cutie
- Angel of Harlem- U2
- I Love NYC- Andrew W.K.
- Let’s Have a Kiki- Scissor Sisters
- The Message- Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five feat. Melle mel and Duke Bootee
- Subway Train- The New York Dolls
- Daddy Don’t Live in the New York City No More- Steely Dan
- Anniversary- Suzanne Vega
- Englishman in New York- Sting
- Gypsy- Fleetwood Mac
- Start Me Up- The Rolling Stones
- Uptown Girl- Billy Joel
- Bitter Sweet Symphony- The Verve
- Harlem – Bill Withers
- Stayin’ Alive- Bee Gees
- Take the A Train- Duke Ellington & His Orchestra
- Jenny From the Block- Jennifer Lopez feat. Jadakiss and Styles P.
- The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side- The Magnetic Fields
- New York- The Sex Pistols
- Downtown Train- Tom Waits